[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Sorry, Email Was Meant For Ken Johnston

Betty and Rvalue

Firstly, Betty, perphaps we should have this conversation on the
thread and, thus, invite the contributions of others.  Like you I am
always searching for a cohesive way to string together indiacators
into an effective system.  I agree that Jose's MACD package is the
most promising starting block for such a system to come along in
quite some time.  But I disagree with using a channel breakout
system to manage the trade or confirm it.  My experience with such
systems are that they fire quite late, which negates the big
advantage of Jose's system-the signals are very early.  I am aware
of the research that backs trend following and joining established
trends but I cannot do it.  I like to pick tops and bottoms and use
a tight stop.  I think that the best filter for the MACD indiacator
might be some sort of Volume Nonconfirmation.
Anyone have any other ideas?
As to the debate over the ETS System.  Its a classic
breakout/trendfollowing systeem that is completely objective.  If
that is what you are looking for, its not bad value.  It gives
comparable signal to much more expensive blackbox system.
Commodities trend better than stocks and ETS probably does a better
job on Commodities.  But, again, I can't bring myself to jump on a
train thats halfway to the next station.  By way of example ETS, on
my MS 9, just fired a Buy Signal on the DIAMONDS-the MACD signal
came mid OCt and nearly got stopped out-but is now long almost 4
points cheaper than ETS.  Probably less risk once trend is defined
but I have to try to catch the falling knife.
Having said all this, two weekends ago I sat through a seminar put
on by an actual trader, as opposed to a system vendor.  His strategy
was simply to add to winning trades and reduce or eliminate losing
ones!  And every year he makes money-but I could not do it.
For those who have asked about free data, check out
www.stockraptor.com  Seems to have potential!

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Burwell Pike

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM