From: g_dares
Sent: 05 November, 2004 11:59 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] EXCEL CONVERT/METASTOCK CHART DISPLAY PROBLEM

I wish to display a high, low, close, volume  stock price chart using
Excel data. When I  convert an Excel file to a Metastock stock chart
not all of the chart is displayed. The portion of the chart
corresponding to several months data is missing.  I would appreciate
assistance in identifying the problem.  The details of what I am
doing is as follows:

I have an Excel file with the following column headings:  DATE,
HIGH,LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME

The file contains dates ranging from 2/4/1966 to 12/16/1968.  The
file was saved using Microsoft Excel in the format 97-2000 & 5.0
Workbook *.xls.

To convert the data to a Metastock chart I used Metastock
Professional 9.0.  Using the downloader I went to tools, convert and
entered File type Excel.  Under options/Source I put the First date
as 2/4/1966 and the Last date as 12/16/1968.  The periodicity was set
at Daily.  In the Destination tab  I ticked "Replace existing file"
and "Create new files".  Upon completion I got the message that the
Data was Converted and Stored.  All 697 entries were added and none
were discarded.

However, when I opened the converted file with Metastock the chart
was displayed from the date 11/15/1966 to 12/16/1968 instead of from
2/4/1966 to 12/16/1968.

It appears as though the program will only display a certain maximum
number of entries.  Could somebody please let me know what I am doing
wrong.

Gilbert

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here