Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Comparing multiple issues by percentage

Dusant,
I am trying to use the "Comparing multiple issues by percentage"
posted on Tue Sep 7, 2004 with stocks.  I have run into several
problems.  I copied and pasted the formula exactly, and then changed
the pathnames for aa: to aa:= Security("C:\MetaStock
Data\S&P500\AMD",C);, bb:= Security("C:\MetaStock
Data\S&P500\INTC",C); etc. for seven stocks.
   The first problem I have is that I get thousands of divide by zero
errors.  When I say ignore errors and I select "1=Normal", I get a
plot that is a step like plot with each step lasting about three
months that I guess is supposed to be the average of the stock prices.
 If I plot in: I get the same step like plot (but the sum of the
stocks prices).  If I change all of the stocks to be the same, I get a
step like plot that is the stock's price at the beginning of the three
month period.
     When I select "2=Normalised" and the default Normalise from Date
of "10101", I get a flat line of minus 1.
     I suspect the date format or formulas.  I don't understand the
date format in D1:=Input("Normalise from Date",010100,123199,010101);.
 Nor do I understand the L01: function what it does and how it does
it.  Can you help.  I do want to use a percentage comparison function.
 Thanks.  wwflhp

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM