RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Backups a necessity for MS 9

My solution was to spend the equiv of $200 on a USB external 60Gb hard drive and backup scheduling software (not the windows one – it creates it’s own compressed files which is a pain). So every day, while I’m busy eating my dinner and watching people kill each other on BBC news, my computer busies itself by copying any recently changed files in the entire c:/program files/equis directory, amongst others, to ‘drive G’.

Any restoration is simply then a matter of finding the right file on G: and pasting it back to where it came from.

OTT? Maybe…but I have reduced by one the number of things in my life which might possibly cause me heart problems. Money well spent I say. Doing work over again is not good fun. We’ve all been there…

Oh, and it has the added benefit that there’s plenty of room for my entire database…so I back that up once a week too. So make that a reduction by two! AND…I can just pick up my USB drive with all my work on it and go. Great if I want to use it with my laptop or on another PC.

Andy

PS, I do not work for, or know anyone at, Iomega…this is not Spam!!!