[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: SPAM: Free Metastock Newsletter......

Dave,

I'm not sure about the soapbox :-)

In this instance I think you need to realize that a pdf was posted to
the files section. I was simply trying to let everyone know where the
file was located. I'm not sure that everyone who frequents this site
knows how to access the files and links sections. There's a wealth of
information there, yet we are continually getting request that could
have easily been answered had the poster made a visit there first.

As far as whether this is spam, I think you need to consider whether
the information deals with Metastock or not. In this case it deals
directly with it much like a plugin or add-on. As a matter of fact, I
believe that we'll find in the future that we may be talking about
some of the topics it discusses much like we do articles from TASC or
books written by traders/technical analysts. Roy has been more than
generous about offering help to those struggling through a tough
programming problem. I can honestly tell you that he has personally
helped me understand the programming lanquage and I am sure he has
done the same for countless others as well. I have no problem with
subscribing to his newsletter and am looking forward to the wealth of
information it will offer.

Concerning spam, I have several rules that I apply when considering
whether something is spam or not. The first is whether it deals
directly with Metastock. Usually the first test is the most difficult
for e-mails to pass. The next is the question of technical analysis.
I do allow post on TA that may not be about metastock but not very
often. Everything else usually hits the door.

Thanks for your concerns.

Preston

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM