[Metastockusers] Free Metastock Newsletter Sample Posted to the Files Section

Hi everyone

I wanted to make sure that MS 9 users are backing up key files. Twice now in
3 months my favorites file (C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\favorites.dta)
has been wiped out in the middle of a session (size goes to 1KB, file
appears empty although its still there). Last week I had a complete program
crash that required a full re-install.

You can back up custom indicators, explorations etc. using the Organizer in
Indicator builder. If you used the default installation, the favorites
folder is in the above-mentioned location. If you use Charts, Layouts etc.,
its easiest to backup the whole of the C:\Program
Files\Equis\MetaStock\Charts folder.

Equis are aware of this problem but have not come up with a fix as yet.

Andrew

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM