RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Indicator builder file

<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>Stan,
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
MetaStock's default
installation path is <SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>C:\Program Files\Equis; it usually installs
the specific indicator builder formula files in a sub-directory named MetaStock
i.e. C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock and it creates subfolders in
MetaStock called EXPERTS, EQ_SLISTS, EXPLORE
to hold additional specific files relating to these functions.

<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
The typical files
that you would expect to find in C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock are
mainly files with a .dta suffix.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
The exact script in
your message indicates that MetaStock has been installed in D:\Equis\MSWin.
Is this correct? or is this a typo on your part? Maybe the message says
D:\MSWin\Equis?
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
Either way, it does
not make a lot of sense to me. I do not understand why the program may have
installed to either the MSWin directory under the Equis
directory ot the Equis directory under the MSWin
directory.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
I suggest you do a
search for files named *.dta. This will allow you to verify exactly
where MetaStock has been installed; make a note of the path (in my case it is
C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock).
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
Then I suggest that
you go to Tools . .  Options . . . File
Locations . . .  and add a new test folder name to the string
(e.g. C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\testing). This will create a
completely new folder for indicators, experts, explorations etc that is called
testing and sits inside the original location. When you click OK you
should get the same message that you describe below, except it should contain
the correct path; if this works, it will deliver you to a workspace that has no
custom indicators, experts or explorations.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
If you wish to
return to the original MetaStock installed custom indicators etc, go through the
same procedure above and remove the \testing from the path name shown
for Folder Locations.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
Side Note: MetaStock
actually allows you to create as many separate subfolders for custom indicators
as you wish to; this can be useful if your existing custom indicator list is
becoming a little overgrown and you have a specific project that you wish to
start on a clean slate; just go through the same procedure as above, create a
new folder under \MetaStock (or anywhere for that matter) and you will
begin with a totally clean slate; if you wish to import some of your still
relevant custom indicators from your old overgrown custom indicator list, just
revert back to that location, run the Organiser and Export the ones that you
want (maybe to a new empty folder on the Desktop); change back to your new
location and Import them from the folder you saved them to.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
Trust that this
assists.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
Let me know how it
goes.
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>Regards,
<SPAN
class=997183206-22082004>Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Stan Krys
  [mailto:s8t8k8@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, 22 August 2004 8:52
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Indicator builder file
  My Metastock 6.52 got corrapted and I had to
  reinstall it using theoriginal 6.5 CD and upgrade patch for 6.52.Most
  seems to be OK but when I open MS or when attempting to use theexplorer I
  get a message that "the folder D:\EQUIS\MSWIN\ intended tocontain the
  Custom Indicator file does not exist. Do you want tocreat it? on Yes->
  Unable to create folderD:\EQUIS\MSWIN\. afterselecting OK MS seems to run
  OK but when I try to open Indicatorbuilder or Explorer I'm getting these
  same messages again.I have a working copy of MS on my older HD but I can
  not find anydifference between files or identify the Indicator builder
  file.Any qlues or directions would be appreciated

  Find local movie times and trailers on <A
  href=""
  target=_blank>Yahoo! Movies.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor