RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] metastock developer kit

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Sayeed,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
can access price and volume (this works just like a MetaStock built in function
- the active security determines the data that is used within your
function) and user input (parameters/arguments), but no MetaStock built in
indicators.  Most indicators are pretty simple anyway, so that is no great
loss and just take a few lines of code.  If the indicator is more
complicated, the MSX.dll is the better place to construct it anyway because
there is no limit as to what algorithm you can construct and you have all the
functionality of your programming language without limitation.  Of course,
you can always use MetaStock's built in indicators within MetaStock, you just
can't call them within your MSX.dll.  Think of your MSX.dll as a
collection of functions that add to those that are already in
MetaStock and once written successfully, seamlessly work just like those built
in functions.  Functions calculated within your MSX.dll even show up in the
"Paste Function" listing all grouped under your plug-in's
name.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
By the
way, to call specific price data (i.e. like the "Security" function built
into MetaStock) that is not the active security you must either use the MSFL or
draw from an outside datafile.  Since I am doing the latter, I can't really
answer any issue regarding the MSFL (I am not using it if I can help it to avoid
inherent compatibility issues in my plug-in when it is distributed to
subscribers).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
this helps.

Best,<FONT
face=Arial size=2>Larry Carhartt
<SPAN
class=776235520-06062004>I<SPAN
class=776235520-06062004>ndex & ETF Component
Data<A href=""
target=_blank><FONT face=Arial color=#0080c0
size=2>www.MasterDATA.com<A
href=""><FONT face=Arial color=#0080c0
size=2>lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
color=#008080><FONT face=Arial color=#0080c0
size=2>818-701-6686

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: latto gatto
  [mailto:abul0987@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:23
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] metastock developer kit
  larry,
  thanx again. well , can i access price, volume,ask bid,other
  indicator data, rsi, and with moving averageschange period etc. through
  mdk?  Larry Carhartt
  <lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
  >Sayeed,It
    is confusing at first, but once you get your project started it
    getseasier.  For me getting started was the hard part and the
    variable namesthey used in the template were difficult for me to get
    used to (they oftenstill confuse me).  If I understand your comment
    correctly, you cannot useor draw upon any built in MetaStock indicators,
    experts, etc., but mustbuild them all into your MSX.dll.  You can
    build custom indicators, experts,etc. based upon the functions
    calculated in your MSX.dll.  The only thingyou can pull in from
    MetaStock is data and user input parameters(arguments).  You can
    also pull your data from an outside datafile which iswhat I am
    doing.Good luck.Best,Larry CarharttIndex &
    ETF Component
    Datawww.MasterDATA.comlc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx818-701-6686-----Original
    Message-----From: abul0987 [mailto:abul0987@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday,
    August 16, 2004 7:39 PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] metastock developer
    kitlarry,thanks for your advise. but i do have
    metastock developer kit. but i'm little confused as they did not explain
    really good in the manual. if you have any other suggestion i'll really
    appreciate it. thanks.sayeed--- In
    equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Larry Carhartt" <lc@xxxx>
    wrote:> If you are interested in fully utilizing all the
    capabilities ofMetaStock> integrated with all the functionality
    of mainstream programminglanguages,> you do need the MetaStock
    Developers Kit.  For more info go to thefollowing>
    URL:> > <A
    href="">http://www.equis.com/Partners/Developers.aspx>
    > If you are then interested in obtaining the MDK, fill out
    theapplication.> > Best,> > Larry
    www.MasterDATA.com> lc@xxxx> 818-701-6686> >
    > > -----Original Message-----> From: abul0987
    [mailto:abul0987@xxxx]> Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 6:14 PM>
    To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group]
    metastock developer kit> > > I'll really appreciate if
    anybody give me an idea through email(if> Possible) on this
    topic:> > > using the developer tools in C> I
    want to access all the metastock functions> including
    indicators  and moving averages> and direct the display
    screens.> > > > > > >
    > Yahoo! Groups LinksYahoo! Groups
    Links

  Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - <A
  href="">Check
  it out!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor