[Metastockusers] RE: Metastock and QP3 - help on new folder size limits

On 13 Aug 2004 16:32:40 -0000, Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>A little while back there was a discussion of this at the QP news group. The
>>suggestion was to export the QP data to a spreadsheet and then import it
>>into Metastock using the downloader. This would get around the 255 symbol
>>limitation. Unfortunately the discussion did not give instructions how to do
>>this automatically.
>>
>>If you find out how to do this, please post it

Go to the QP Help file and search for Export. This explains how to
export a stock (or a group of stocks) in an ASCII format. Just load
this into Excel. Check your downloader manual for the correct column
sequencing Metastock requires. Then use the downloader to import into
Metastock format. However, you must do this every time you need to
update the data.

It is much easier and quicker to get QP3 and the SPP add on. Then you
can create, and maintain the 6000/format files. Also can automatically
update them every night. I have used SPP since it was in beta, and
this part works flawlessly. Is also very easy to use some of SPP's
"canned" stock and sector groupings--much more flexible than Metastock
Ver. 9.

Yes, I know it cost $6/mo extra to get SPP. But unless your time has
an economic value of close to $0, it is well worth it. Has made my
life so much easier--is (almost) a pleasure to use Metastock these
days with the 6000/format file structure.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM