[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: backtesting

TradeSim can take system Long/Short signals from MetaStock,
TradeStation, and even AmiBroker, and process a true portfolio
backtest over the entire market.  It can process 1-day trades.

jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Northington, Kirk" <kirk.
northington@xxxx> wrote:
> I guess to keep this topic going . . . .  My problem with MS 8's
back testing capability was it's inability to scan the entire market
and make a single buy.  It seems to only be able to back test a system
on an individual security basis.  It's as though I want the Back
Tester to also have the ability of the Explorer as well.  Also I
wanted the Back Tester to sell the stock the next day.  It could not
do that.

> Can you tell me if Tradesim might be able to do what I've described?

version of Tradesim do you recommend?  Will the simple one for $149.00
do the trick?

> Thanks,
> Al
>
> Jose <josesilva22@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Al,
>
> "Perhaps you can tell me what I might require if I wanted to test
out
> a few simple formulas on a few pairs of currencies in the forex
> market."
>
> You would need MetaStock, TradeSim, Forex data, and a spare
afternoon
> to get acquainted with TradeSim.
> http://www.compuvision.com.au/index.htm
>
> All the backtesting formula writing is done in MetaStock
explorations,