[Metastockusers] Help Please! Performance System + Plug-In (2 day range switch )

This refers to the Peformance Systems Plus Plug-in

I was looking into the "2-day range switch" as a possible entry
trigger when certain "other" critera are in place.

I thought I understood the concept of how the long and short signals
were generated. Hence, one would be able to buy on the close (if you
were looking to go long) rather than wait for the open the following
day, if the value was known that the stock must close above for a new
buy signal to be generated.

In the 2-day range switch system.... Isn't it simply the stock must
close above the highest high of the last 2 days?

Here's an example of the 2-day range switch signaling a new long
entry signal where the close is NOT above the highest high of the
last two days.

Symbol: AFFX
On 7-29-2002 a long signal was generated with 2-day range switch yet
the stock did not close above the high of the previous two days!

Perhaps I'm interpreting this sytems' critera incorrectly. If so...
Can someone explain to me how this buy arrow on AFFX on 7-29-2002 was
generated?

TIA,

Jeff