Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Metastock vs AmiBroker vs TradeSim

Hello Dave,

I can't really comment on TradeSim as I only have a passing acquaintance
with it.

On the lowest level, you can simply copy and paste your price series from
Metastock into a blank worksheet. This will give you your OHLCV for however
many days you were displaying on your chart. You can then enter your
formulas (formulae!!) and your test conditions into subsequent Excel
columns. Excel formulas for most indicators can be found on the web. S&C
magazine has provided them for years with relevant articles.

You can also do bar/candlestick charting in Excel. You may well be able to
plot entry/exit indicators; I don't know. If you really want to get fancy,
you can also read equities into Excel in batch mode.

I regret that I am not much of an expert so I can't advise on the finer
points but I hope that it may give you food for thought.

Regards,
Kevin