[EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock vs AmiBroker vs TradeSim

Hello,

I recently clicked onto the Amibroker site and was impressed with the
software AmiBroker 4.5, especially the back-testing capabilities. The
price of the software is extremely inexpensive (approx. $130 USD for
the EOD version) and seems to be "equal" in capabilities to Metastock
8.01 (I own the EOD version of MS). Has anybody used Amibroker,
especially its backtesting capabilities?

My real concern is all of the negative comments I've read from the
various Metastock discussion forums regarding Metastock's *flawed*
backtesting capabilities. Has anybody used TradeSim? Is buying the
standard version of TradeSim (approx. $150 USD) the answer to
obtaining a reliable backtesting program for Metastock? Or would
I be better off buying AmiBroker? In no way am I bashing MetaStock.
I've owned the program for about 3 months and am very comfortable in
writing my own code and simple explorations. But now I'm at the stage
of wanting to vigorously backtest many of my ideas ... I just want to
have a reliable program to backtest my ideas for trading Fidelity
Select Mutual Funds.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

As always, thank you in advance for your comments.

Dave
Lansing, MI