From: "s_nandyal" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>s_nandyal@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 00:33
AM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Moving Avg
crossover
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> I tried changing the values 3 and 10 to OPT1 and OPT2 - however, I
> get the following errors:> Optimization variables are not
allowed in this type of formula.> > Basically, I was trying to
create an expert for moving average > crossover with
optimization.> > > --- In <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"rvalue1" <<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>rvalue1@x...> wrote:> >
Open Expert and New. Give the New Expert a name such as Moving > >
average crossover. Then paste the following formula into Highlights >
> and Symbols tabs for an Up signal. > >
Mov(C,3,E)>Mov(C,10,E)> > > > Do the same with this
formula for the Down signal> > Mov(C,3,E)<Mov(C,10,E)> >
> > You can change the values of the exponential moving avergae if you
> > wish. You can also do the same into Enhanced System tester and
> build > > a back test model. Or replace the values with OPT1
and OPT2 and > > optimize within ranges that you select.> >
> > Rvalue1> > > > >  >
Yahoo! Groups Links> > <*> To visit your group on the web,
go to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>> > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
an email to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>> > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>  > >