Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Install Problems

Alfred,

I had a similar problem when installing v8.01.

You probably use a German version of Windows ?

The problem comes in using another langage than English for Windows. I got
information  for my problem from Lynn,  Lead Support Representative, Equis
Customer Support :

"The MDAC install on foreign language machines is placing the files in
 folders with localized names. This makes it so MetaStock Setup (and
 probably other applications) can't find them! So each time MS Setup
 runs, it looks for the MSADOR15.dll in the English location, can't find
 it, runs the MDAC Setup which installs the files in the localized
 location and ends.

 So here's the fix:
 Create a folder"
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO   or
G:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO    ... if you want to use G.

"(InstallShield uses localization to know the translation of Program files,
but needs
 the rest to be English.)

 Search for msador15.dll
 Next, copy the file msador15.dll to the \Program Files\Common
 Files\System\ADO folder.
 Re-install MetaStock 8.01
 This will trick MetaStock Setup into thinking the MDAC is installed to
 that folder (This stuff is all COM so once MetaStock is installed, it
 will be able to find it in the German named folder using the registry).
"

I hope this helps,

Pierre Tremblay

Alfred Bendig a écrit:
 cite="">      > Hey,

   > I have bought MS in the US and it was working fine. It is a orignal
one.
   > After installing a new harddisk I want to install MS again. And the
 problems
   > started.
   >
   > After the autorun it shows me:
   > windows component update:
   > Microsoft data access components
   >
   > Than:
   > MetaStock setup has completed its windows componet update.
   > Setup needs to restart your system to continue with the installation
   >
   > I clicked
   >
   > Yes
   >
   > After restart the system the same procedure was aksed for  again
and
 again.

   > What I have to do now to get MS on my new harddisk installed?
   >
   > Please advice me.
   > regards
   > Alfred  Germany

 E-Mails sind zu unpersönlich? Mit einer Webcam wird der MSN Messenger zum

 Bildtelefon! http://www.msn.de/messenger
Jetzt kostenlos downloaden und
 mitmachen!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor