[Metastockusers] Re: Wrong filtering because of wrong data!

"Good data present" condition, Explorer filter:

---8<---------------------------------

{ Today's data date, user input section }

day:= 10;     { today (1~31)          }
mth:= 03;     { current month (1~12)  }
yr:= 2004;    { current year, eg 2004 }

{ *********************************** }

DayOfMonth()=day
AND Month()=mth
AND Year()=yr
AND V>0

---8<---------------------------------

jose '-)
Chief Suspect
http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, D P <learnmst@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have finally started little bit more in creating my own formulas
> Problem is that once I ran Explorer, I got exactly wrong than what I
expected!

> I did "Open chart" and charts don't look like what I expected.
Furious and frustrated for some time, I double checked my formulas,
and finally went back to chart. Looking at data window bruoght up
potential problem. All charts which showed up wrong were only updated
till 03/01 or in the vacinity of that day. So problem is

> 1> how one can make sure that all data used in exploration has
complete set of data?
> 2> I have so many errors on my downloader report, probably everyday
with errors like "Unknown symbol", and "Collection aborted-timeout
error" - which I think is the cause of missing data. I couldn't get in
touch with Equis support - site just didn't respond! yestersday in
evening hours -

> Meanwhile, I thought I should go to this group and find out
> 1> You guys ever had similar problems with downloader?
> 2> How do you handle such issues, I don't want to delete securities
because of previous errors. Could any filter be created that filters
out securities based on "good data present" condition, and pass these
securities to main exploration?