Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] ICE

Dan,  thanks for your comments. You are correct.  I am going to re-read the manual for the 4th time and see how I can get this into my use of Metastocks.  I have found like others; if you have the language background and the programming skills, you can literally work on any combinations you can dream up.  However, If you are unfamiliar with the language and not a programmer, you are sequestered to the manual which is highly redundant and filled with surface information.   I have almost given up on the ability of Metastock to find tradable stocks. In two years not one in my price range has come to fruition.  I can go to TC2000 and get the same information from the charts and they are more interesting. I find metastock very stark and cold to work within.  This is my opinion.  I will continue to work with this when I have the time.  Marshall

-------Original Message-------

From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, March 04, 2004 11:08:24
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] ICE

I do own ICE and have found it valuable. For me the primary value lies in
the fact that the developer has coded optimizable systems for all of the
optimizable indicators in Metastock. Yes, I could have done that myself but
time is money. Having optimizable systems for all of the optimizable
indicators allows me to easily test a wide variety of indicators against a
class of stocks and identify promising indicators that I might not have
considered otherwise. ICE uses a volatility based stop for exits which
allows comparison of indicators.

ICE also divides indicators into four characteristic classes and recommends
developing systems using a combination of indicators from two or more
classes. The characteristic classes include momentum, “verticality”,
volatility, and volume and they theoretically measure independent features
of a security’s movement. The ICE Manual strongly recommends combining
indicators from different classes, however, it doesn’t provide any way to do
that nor does it provide any way to test those combinations. This is where
ICE falls short in my opinion and is likely the source of Marshal’s
frustration.

I bought ICE during a pre-release promotion for $99 dollars and I am sure I
could not have hired somebody to write optimizable systems for all of the
optimizable indicators for that price. For $250 dollars or whatever the
current list price is, I doubt that I could hire somebody to write
optimizable systems for all of the optimizable indicators. On the other
hand, I am not sure that is the way I would want to spend $250.

Dan

>From: KM Lee <kmlee65sg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] ICE
>Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:55:16 +0800 (CST)
>
>Hi Marshall,
>I don't think ICE will do any exploration for you on your stocks. I have
>seen ICE working on my friend's system and came to the conclusion that it
>is a TEST system.
>
>1. ICE is design to work only with MS8.01..
>
>2. ICE helps you select the best indicators in each of the 4V's
> classification for that particular stock , so as to allow you to
>maximise
> your ROI.
>
>However , I am still not sure if by combining the best 4V's set of
>indicators in a system test will gives you the best results,.
>
>Perhaps others who have more experience in using ICE could share their
>experience with us.
>

>marshall <msmith3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>HI, I have had the ICE plug-in for a while now. I have a serious
>question which is open to anyone. I am trying to find out how to
>use it and what it really tells you. When purchased, I was under
>impression that it made your explorations more accurate and gave you
>more of them to use. I am at a loss. What does ICE do? Have you
>used it? What has it done for you and how was it used? I am
>extremely confused by this plug-in and need help. A step by step
>answer would be appreciated. Not kidding, that is how confused I
>really am about this program. Thank you. Marshall

> Y! Asia presents Lavalife
>- Stand a chance to win a dream date, join the Dream Guy Contest!

.

____________________________________________________  IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Click Here