Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Roy to the rescue

What a great response!
Thanks a lot Roy.
This is more than I expected.

I have been a MS user for only about 6 months now and am still
learning. What you have suggested needs a little bit of "digestion"
on my side. But I will go to work and try to set this up.

Thanks also for the caveats concerning possible results. I will be
cautious. Well, yes, I would be trading in Euros, not Dollars as the
Mark is gone as we do have a single European currency now in most
European countries.

Final question: What is the MS directory the DLL you mentioned, needs
to be copied into?

Thanks a lot,

Werner

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Werner
>
> Getting the date into the format you want is nigh impossible but I
know you can get close enough for
> it to be acceptable. There are two problems to deal with. The first
of these is that there is no
> effective way to eliminate the four decimal places from the report
column so you will need to live
> with this. The second problem is that of avoiding single digit
precision errors when merging day,
> month and year into one column. Even when the year is truncated
down to two significant digits you
> will probably need to take steps to prevent errors creeping in
(wrong month or year reported).

> By comparison getting a count is very easy. Once the code is set up
this is a two step process using
> Mark Pyle's GlobalVar.dll. a copy of this called GV.dll is
available at Jose's website. See the top
> of the page at
> http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm#roy
>
> Once the dll is installed (in the appropriate folder) and MS has
been rebooted to register its
> presence then you can create the following indicator which serves
to initialise/reset the count
> prior to an exploration.
>
>   {Count Reset}
> A:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","Count1",0);
> A; 1;
>
> Dropping this indicator onto a chart unscaled will show two lines,
zero and one, and force the
> global variable called "Count1" to zero. Having the indicator
display two different values ensures
> that it doesn't get "lost" off the bottom of a chart window. Once
it has been dropped onto a chart
> it should be deleted although no immediate problem will be caused
by leaving it in place. If the
> indicator is "refreshed" for some reason then it will cause the
count to reset so this is why it is
> best deleted after use.
>
> Place the following code in an exploration column to give an
ascending count of each issue. Remember
> that the count will increment in the order that issues are
presented so the count that appears in
> the report may differ from what you expect.
>
>   {Count Exploration}
>   {Column A}
> LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","Count1")) + 1;
>
> And the filter code can be used to count all issues or only those
that pass the filter conditions.
> It's easily possible to set this counter up so that it either
counts ALL issues or only those that
> meet the filter conditions. Counting all issues when using a filter
can be confusing because there
> will be gaps in the report column.
>
> {Filter}
> Filter:= 1;
> A:=LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","Count1"));
> B:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","Count1",A + Filter);
> Filter;
>
> The last count will not necessarily be at the end of the report if
issues are presented out of the
> preferred order. In most cases left clicking on the count column
header will sort into
> ascending/descending order and the highest count number is of
course the total count required.

> A word of warning before you try and use this for accumulating
dollars and cents {marks and
> penny's?} as a result. The dll appears to operate in single
precision mode so errors in accumulation
> creep in. Used in this fashion though there appears to be no
problem.

> Hope this helps. Ask if you need further help.
>
> Roy

and

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511