  >From:
  <A title=dougley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Doug
  To: <A
  title=equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 1:58
  AM
  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group]

  <SPAN
  >Hi all,  can you please help
  me with writing an exploration for Metastock.  Any help will be much
  appreciated. To the experienced user this will be a breeze but for me it is
  quite confusing.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Can this task be done in
  Metastock?
  <FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=3>
  <SPAN
  >What I am trying to do is search
  for a new close above a 30 day ema.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >When I run this search,<SPAN
  >  Mov(C,30,E), I get many shares that
  have closed above a 30 day ema, and most of these shares have closed above the
  ema many periods ago.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >But this is not want I want to
  search for, I only want the exploration results to show a new close above the
  30 day ema.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Cheers