[Metastockusers] Re: Drawing horizontal line from a previous day to today

Roy,

Thanks very much for your help.  As with numerous times before,
you've come and saved the day.   Your ValueWhen() suggestion works
like a charm.  I did use the following earlier:

SUPPORT:=If(cond and cond=LastValue(cum(cond)), CLOSE, PREV);

However, the above still had the horizontal line at zero due to the

Thanks again,
-Alex

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Alex
>
> Yes there is a way to do this. By using the ValueWhen() function
you can manipulate the full signal
> plot so that only that portion of the plot from the most recent
event will display. You may find,
> however that it is more useful to start the plot at the second most
recent event so that you are
> never left with a single bar plot (most recent event occurred on
the last bar). When this happens
> the plot can be very difficult to see because it is only a small
spot.

> You can achieve a "trigger" for ValueWhen() by first counting every
event. For easiest use it would
> probably be helpful if "the event" is restricted to one bar only.
By counting these events using
> Cum("event") and comparing that against LastValue(Cum("event")) you
can create a signal for the
> "condition" portion of ValueWhen(). Your code might look something
like this.

> Condition:="your multiple bar signal"; {signal true for several
bars}
> Condition:=Condition AND Alert(Condition=0,2); {converted to one
bar signal}
> Trigger:=LastValue(Cum(Condition)-1)>=Cum(Condition);
> ValueWhen(1,Trigger,"support value");
>
> Remove the "-1" from the trigger variable if you really do want to
trigger on the last value. You
> may also need to change ">=" to "=" or "<=".
>
> If you can't make my suggestion work then ask again. I know the
method works but getting the detail
> correct can be a little tricky. Any real world example I give is
going to need to be adapted before

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511