Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] formula

Paul,

It appears that you are looking for a rising bouble bottom.

There was a formula written in TASC that defines a double bottom and
with a few modifications should work for you. Here is the formula:

Double Bottoms
PK:=Zig(C,10,%)<Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-1) AND
Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-1)>Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-2);
TR:=Zig(C,10,%)>Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-1) AND
Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-1)<Ref(Zig(C,10,%),-2);
TR1:=TroughBars(1,C,10);
TR2:=TroughBars(2,C,10);
(ValueWhen(1,TR,Ref(C,-1))/ ValueWhen(2,TR,Ref(C,-1))>.96 AND
ValueWhen(1,TR,Ref(C,-1)) / ValueWhen(2,TR,Ref(C,-1)) < 1.04) AND
TR2-TR1>=10 AND Cross(C,ValueWhen(1,PK,Ref(C,-1)))
{end}

Play with this and see if it works for you.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Lerno" <paul.lerno@xxxx>
wrote:
> MessageHi Tim,
> Thanks for your attention.
> I try to draw the setup I am looking for, building an exploration
to scan for stocks.

>                                I                    later: price
rising above preceding top
>               I             I
>             I   I         I
>           I       I    I
> I       I           I                 first: bottom above preceding
bottom
>   I   I
>

> Greeting,
> Paul

chart with the exact setup you are looking for, I am sure that we
could then assist in helping you write the code you are looking for.

>   Regards,
>   Tim.

you want it to occur after a certain event, such as in the example
below.  Which is, what is the high of the most recent low after you
get a close below the 10 day moving average.  A positive signal can
then be generated once the price closes above this low.

>       {Get the high of the most recent low}
>       Hg:=LowestSince(1,Cross(Mov(C,10,W),C),H));
>       Buy:=C>Hg;
>
>       If you are not working from a specific event, then the best
you can do is to use the LLV function.  Using this function it is
important to note that you have to nominate a look back period and as
such the results can be a lot less accurate, as the actual low you
are looking for can be outside of the look back period.

>       {Get the high of the lowest low over the look back period}
>       Hg:=LLV(H,10));
>       Buy:=C>Hg;
>
>       I hope this helps.
>
>       Regards,
>       Tim.

x days (unknown) ago and the price is now rising above preceding top
x-y days (x and y unknown)ago, so that the price seems to climb on a
stairs".
>         Looking te read you.
>         Thanks
>         Paul

inside of yesterday's price range, the code would read.
>           L>Ref(L,-1) and L<Ref(H,-1) and H>(Ref(H,-1)
>
>           Regards,
>           Tim.

for "bottom above preceding bottom and rising above preceding top"?
>             I am looking forward to read you.
>             Thanks.
>             Paul

>               c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>             c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

>           c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

>         c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

>       c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511