Re: [Metastockusers] Can System Tester Use Differnt Start Dates?

In a message dated 12/28/2003 10:47:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, jsatt@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I do not own Metastock and am looking for a software program that will do back-testing on a group of selected stocks. I want to do some what-ifs like stop-loss and trailing stops to protect gains. But each of these stocks will have different start dates. WIll Metastock handle this situation??
In MS backtesting you have the option to test back to a specific date, or, to test a number of periods.  Not just sure of your question, but if you select the earliest date of the series of stocks you have, it will backtest all.  Or, if you choose to test a "periods" in excess of what are available, it will test all periods (those that are less than what is specified) that are available.

Jay

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/