[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MESA sine wave

>    From: taforme
> Subject: Re: MESA sine wave
>
> I have used MESA for quite some time and have read Ehler's book on
> its basis.  You should also consider searching for securities that
> DO NOT have a smooth fit.  Look for a "reverse S" in the leading and
> sine waves of MESA as it goes from a valley near -1 towards a high
> of near +1.  Used with other indicators, this is good predictor of a
> likely change, e.g. beginning an upward move, typically as MESA
> comes off the high.  This may not be the same for the time frame you
> are looking at (25 periods), but it is useful when looking at
> shorter frames, i.e. 5-7 periods.  I prefer to use MESA for its
> ability to predict a likely beginning of a new trend.
>
> A security must cycle "very nicely" on a periodic basis for MESA to
> result in smooth sine wave.
>
> Good trading,

Thanks for your help taforme.
I'll have a look for the patterns you mention;
As for what I was talking about, I was trying to come up with a measure of
how pure the sine wave is, because the MESA sine wave gives excellent
results when the stock behaves in a cyclical mode - I was looking at a short
time period of 8 or 13 days and this seems to be even more so over the short
term .
Cheers,
Craig.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511