[EquisMetaStock Group] RE: Outside Indicators

Werner,
This is possible; but I have not used it much as it's not very flexible or
reliable.
Look in the Metastock help for "OLE Link". Basically you select data and
copy it in one application then do a 'paste special' into the other
application and paste as link.

For example I did this on an indicator in MS, pasted as link into excel then
did a simple formula on the data and pasted the resulting column back into
MS and it worked OK.

It seems to update the excel based indicator when there is fresh extra data
in Metastock (I had to right click in MS and select 'update link', also I
copied the last row down a few rows to get the reference to MS. I don't know
if that is needed).
However, I could not use the flip to next security arrow in the bottom
toolbar. The pasted excel function was stuck on the first security I created
it with - and the formula in Excel specifically said the security name I
created it with.

Generally speaking external functions have to be written using the Equis
software development kit to be reliable.

Hope that helps,
Craig.

> Message: 1
>    Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:13:27 -0000
>    From: WKRAG@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Outside Indicators
>
> Good day,
>
> I am a relative newcomer to MS and have the following questions:
> Before getting MS I had maintained an indicator based on fundamental
> data which works quite well for me. Now I would like to "import" that
> indicator (from Excel) to MS.
> My indicator runs between 0 and 100 and I want to display it, just
> like any other indicator. Is there any way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Werner

To visit your group on the web, go to: