[Metastockusers] Re: RSI formula?

Roy,

Thank you! I forgot the Wilders function. I was on the right road,
but overlooked wilders, which help me. Now i think " How could i be
so stupid!" Who invents the RSI? Yes Mr. W.

I will look to the RSI Price lookahead and let you know if it's
usefull.

Kind regards

Ruud

PS long time ago we talked to each other.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Ruud
>
> > For some reason (will post later in this group) i need the RSI as
> > formula. I like to have the RSI like MetaStock calculates it. Has
> > anyone here done that before?
> >
> > Why i need this.
> > I'm using a very short RSI oscilator with an 2 days MA trigger
line.
> > I like to try to calculate on which level this oscilator will
cross
> > that line. When i succeed with this indicator i'll post it here.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Ruud
>
> Here's my total collection of RSI formulas. The first three are
essentially the same but written
> slightly differently to show a different aspect of the calculation.
The RSI Price Lookahead is not
> my creation but you may find it useful for your project. Well, just
maybe.

> Roy
>
>   {RSI Indicator}
> A:=Input("Periods",2,99,10);
> B:=P; {target array}
> U:=Wilders(If(B>Ref(B,-1),B-Ref(B,-1),0),A);
> D:=Wilders(If(B<Ref(B,-1),Ref(B,-1)-B,0),A);
> 100-(100/(1+(U/D)));
>
>   {RSI Indicator}
> A:=Input("RSI periods",2,99,10);
> R:=1/A;
> X:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
> Y:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
> U:=PREV*(1-R)+X*R;
> D:=PREV*(1-R)+Y*R;
> 100-(100/(1+(U/D)));
>
>   {RSI Indicator}
> A:=Input("Periods",2,99,10);
> U:=Wilders(If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0),A);
> D:=Wilders(If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0),A);
> 100-(100/(1+(U/D)));
>
>   {RSI Price Lookahead}
> R:=Input("RSI Threshold",1,100,50);
> D:=Input("RSI Periods  ",1,100,10);