[Metastockusers] (unknown)

My apologies to those who feel that this discussion has gone on long
enough - I feel compelled to say that I have received a private email
from JO; in it, he clarified a few of the points he made in his
original long post, including some of the things with which I took
issue. After talking things over for a while, I was surprised to find
out that we share more in common than I first thought. Perhaps this
is often the way when disagreements occur.

Now, back to TA -

Here is a formula which was very kindly provided to me by Jose, that
super formula-writer :)

It is meant to describe the slope of a line in MS. I was using this
with no problems for 2 days - then yesterday, when I went to open an
indicator I wrote which quotes this one, a message came up
saying 'Error - Division by Zero'. This message was not coming up
before and I was using the same charts - common INDU stocks like GE,
MMM, etc. Has anyone seen MS acting in a similar way?

Indicator/Oscillator Slope v2.0
 -100~+100% / -90~+90 degrees}
{©Copyright 2003 Jose Silva}

x:=Mov(Mov(
 ((C-LLV(L,7))/(HHV(H,7)-LLV(L,7)))*100
 ,3,S),3,S);

smooth:=Input("Smoothing periods",1,252,10);
plot:=Input("plot:  underlying indicator=1,  Slope=2",1,2,2);
y:=Input("Range adjustor (0.1~100)",0.1,100,5);
display:=Input("display  -100~100%=1,  -90~90 degrees=2",1,2,2);

LRlast:=x;
LRS:=x-Ref(x,-1);
LRprev:=LRlast-LRS;

a:=Min(LRlast,LRprev)/Max(LRlast,LRprev);
LRratio:=(If(LRlast>LRprev,2-a,a)-1)*y;
LRSdeg:=If(LRratio<0,Atan(LRratio,1)-360,
 Atan(LRratio,1));
LRSper:=LRSdeg*10/9;
LRStrue:=If(display=2,LRSdeg,LRSper);

{smoothing alternative 1}