[Metastockusers] Ref

In a message dated 11/25/2003 6:18:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, k_rock@xxxxxxxx writes:
By the way, could anybody here explain how to apply this gdmn "Ref" formula in metastock??? Can I really look into the future with it fo r $449? ;-) (not expecting answer;-)cheers, Klaus
Here's an example of how I use it in looking for a Donchian style price break out.  On breakouts I want the current close to be greater than a number of preceding highs.

C > Ref(HHV(H,19),-1)

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor