[Metastockusers] Re: Group benefits and free Indicator pack

Hello Kevin,

if I sounded rude or unfair I have to say sorry. This was not what
was in my mind. I do agree with your arguments. The point I really
wanted to point was: there are a few members here in the group that
should be greatly honored (at least that is my opinion). They are a
lot smarter than folks like me, and they don't mind sharing their
great knowledge with us. But what is the purpose of a discussion
group like this? Aren't we all here willing to learn and improve our
skills?

Is it really such a hard task to do some resarch using the manual or
google? There are questions that are not answered this way. These I
find are worth to be discussed further here.

I am running my own business here in Europe during the day what is
not trading-related. I find it pretty interesting that often from a
discussion with my partners or customers I get some valuable feedback
that helps me improve my skills even more.

Why not sharing an idea, thought or system (that one possibly not
could translate to a system) even if you have the feeling that it is
not perfect with the group and be surprised what grew from the
initial input?

I am not upset or bored, I think there just could be more ... ;-)

Martin

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin <kevin_barry@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I think that your posting is a little unfair. I am not sure if you
are
> referring to any group members in particular but I must say that no
> postings on this forum in recent times have evoked anything close
to a
> similar reaction in me. Sure, there are often questions posted that
could
> be answered by looking in the respective manual but, in my
experience, not
> everybody automatically thinks of doing that. Indeed, the
apparently
> obvious questions are sometimes quite thought-provoking and,
personally
> speaking, I have got answers here to questions that I would never
even have
> thought of asking.
>
> There is no obligation to respond to any posting and the nature of
the post
> is more often than not pretty obvious immediately. So, if it is
going to be
> an irritation to you, why not just delete it immediately? What
impresses me
> are the regular contributors who are quick to respond to pleas for
help,
> however simple or stupid, and are extremely generous with their
knowledge
> and experience. Without the questions, the rest of us might never
get to
> hear these guys speak.
>
> I also get the impression that you are a little contemptuous of
people who
> seem to be asking for something for nothing. Personally, I am in
complete
> agreement with what I think that you are saying, i.e. if one uses
tools in
> order to make money then those tools should be paid for. However,
you may
> not realise that, in addition to people who trade professionally or
> part-time, there are many people who are attracted to the idea of
trading
> and enjoy associating with the trading community, hobby-traders if
you
> like, who do not actually trade. There is a chap who attends my
investment
> club meetings who has an in-depth knowledge of the market and is an
expert
> in several trading techniques. He occasionally lectures on various
subjects
> and he is actually pretty good at it. He has never placed a trade
in his
> life. Do I begrudge him collecting a bit of free software,
downloading free
> end-of-day prices and playing around with them in his spare time?
No. As

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511