[EquisMetaStock Group] Parallel line problem

Hi all -

Here's the situation:
I draw a trend line with snap to price and right and left extensions.
I right click and select Create Parallel Line.
When I read the slope of the line just created and the slope of the
original trend line they aren't the same!
I thought parallel lines are supposed to have the same slope.
Is there a way to get truly parallel lines?

As an aside it would be nice I could get the parallel line to be drawn
below the existing trend line.
Can I do that?

TIA
Ron