[Metastockusers] MDK - Programming Question

Hi All,
""Has anyone used the Metastock Development kit to program there own
custom indicators? If so mabye you could answer the below questions
for me, if you can help PLEASE DO so Equis seems to dance around
ever question you ask them, I wish they could just give me a
straight answer sometimes......
1) This question is asked in light of overall performance
optimizing...If one has a custom formula called A, which is actively
in use on a chart, and another formula B on the same chart wants to
use say "val3" of A, and does so by referencing, does Metastock
actually use the existing array containing val3 of A, or does it
completely re-do the calculation over again?

2) Is there a way to do a "if then" conditional code execution in a
custom formula? by this I mean not just the boolean return that I
can see from the docs, but actually choose whether or not to execute
certain parts of formula code based on an IF statement return value.
After significant review of docs, examples, and website resources, I
cannot seem to find a way to do this.

3) I cannot find any provisions to write anything to an external
file within a formula. For my purposes this is a debugging tool, but
I'm sure this would be useful for all users. Is there any way to do
this within formula language? I'm doing a kludge by DLL right now...

4) I am aware of the "Live Bars" realtime checkbox, and also the
provision to re-calculate Experts only at bar end.... Is there a way
to have a custom formula recalculated only at bar end, yet still
have the chart bars update visually with every tic?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ""

Michael B

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511