RE: [Metastockusers] Metastock Programming Study Guide

Johnathan
Thanks for the feedback.
 In fact I have also reserved the book Metastock in a Nutshell at our local library for my learning.

If you know of any books or learning material or Metastock plugins that are useful please let me know.

Jonathan King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
KD,I concur with JD sentiments regarding Roy, his work and support for membersof the group has been fantastic, as will be his book.With regard to the MetaStock Programming Guide, I simply found it to be oneof the most practical guides to formula development.  Simple language, wellexplained and well structured in its development - this makes for easylearning (self-assessment is a key component).  The supplied formula'sincluding trailing stops, RSC, and others - are also very good.  The back-upis very good, as chapters have been reviewed and modified by the authors -the alterations have been freely passed on to me as the end-user.It is significantly better than the Formula Primer and the Metastock in aNutshell book by Simon Sherwood (which, by the way, is an excellent, cheapstarting point).I hope this
 loose collection of ramblings helps.Cheers,Jono-----Original Message-----From: John Doe [mailto:ms001122@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, 7 November 2003 7:33 AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [Metastockusers] Metastock Programming Study GuideRoy Larsen, a member of this group, is working on a similar book, I believe.I would suggest you wait for that if you can. Roy has generously helped thisgroup's members. Besides, he appears to *really* have a deep understandingof Metastock.JD===================================From: KM Lee <kmlee65sg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Reply-To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [Metastockusers] Metastock Programming Study GuideDate: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:11:35 +0800 (CST)Peter,What I posted on the user group got nothing to do with the authors of thebook or the marketing trick as alleged by you.I
 am trying to get some feeedback from those who either own the book or haveused it before so that I can decide if it is worth buying it. The book isnot cheap and I am new to MS programing.I do not have any interest in helping them marketing it.From : LeePeter Fertig <pfertig@xxxxxxxx> wrote:Why does this sound so familiar? Ah yeah, there was asimilar or even identical question concerning thisbook some weeks ago. It turned out as a marketingtrick by one of the authors. Same methode this time?Peter--- kmlee65sg <kmlee65sg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:---------------------------------Hi All,I'm new to this user group and will appreciate anycomments orfeedback for those who have purchase the book"Metastock ProgrammingStudy Guide" . The information is found on thiswebsite :http://www.metastockformula.com/I will like to know if this
 book is useful to you andif so in whatway is this book useful to you.your comments will help me decide if this book isworth buyingThanksKM LeeYahoo! Groups Sponsor  ADVERTISEMENTTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!Terms of Service.__________________________________________________________________Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.deLogos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.deYahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENTTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.  The New Yahoo! Search- Now with image
 search!_________________________________________________________________Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are alwaysplaying on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradioTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.  <a
href=""
target=_blank>The New Yahoo! Search- Now with image search!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor