RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Explorations Running Slower On Win XP

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>hhmm.... interesting!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
keep referring to 1Gig and 2Gig PC's.   I'm assuming that you are
talking about 1Ghz and 2Ghz and not 1Gbyte and 2Gbyte.   In other
words, you are talking about processor speed versus memory?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If the
2Ghz PC is hyper-threaded and the 1Ghz PC is not, the (supposedly) faster PC
will run slower.   If this is the case, it confirms my belief that
MetaStocks has not been programmed in such a way as to take advantage of hyper
hyperthreading.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Other
things that can be quite different between the PC's are:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>1.  Paging space.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>2.  Fragmentation of the paging space (defrag's don't usually touch
paging space).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>3.  Raw speed of hard discs.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I hope
this helps you.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: tahoejohnl
  [mailto:tahoejohnl@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 7:20
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Explorations Running Slower On Win
  XPDoes anybody know what might be causing my 2Gig Win
  XP Home Ed. machine to run Explorations slower than my 1Gig Win ME
  machine?I'm using the exact same Exploration on the exact same
  database of symbols.  The exact same Exploration setup.  Each
  machine is Exploring in the exact same way.There's one noticable
  difference:  On the 1 Gig Win ME machine, the Exploration Status
  window shows "Disk Space Remaining as 2047.7M where as on the 2Gig Win XP
  Home Ed. the "Disk Space Remaining" is only 345.7M.  I don't know
  what this means nor why the big difference.Both machines have a 40Gig
  hard drive with more than half of the drive free and defragged.The
  1 Gig machine is about 25% faster than the 2 Gig machine.  I expected
  a dramatic increase in speed on the 2 Gig machine, but didn't get
  it.As a comparison, my Excel program runs 3 times faster on the 2Gig
  machine.I'd sure appreciate one of you smart users to take a stab
  at this.  So far, Tech Support has not been able to come up with
  anything.Thanks much,JohnTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor