[EquisMetaStock Group] Slow Explorations on a Faster machine

Does anybody know what might be causing my 2Gig Win XP Home Ed. machine to run Explorations slower than my 1Gig Win ME machine?
I'm using the exact same Exploration on the exact same database of symbols.  The exact same Exploration setup.  Each machine is Exploring in the exact same way.
There's one noticable difference:  On the 1 Gig Win ME machine, the Exploration Status window shows "Disk Space Remaining as 2047.7M where as on the 2Gig Win XP Home Ed. the "Disk Space Remaining" is only 345.7M.  I don't know what this means nor why the big difference.
Both machines have a 40Gig hard drive with more than half of the drive free and defragged.
The 1 Gig machine is about 25% faster than the 2 Gig machine.  I expected a dramatic increase in speed on the 2 Gig machine, but didn't get it.
As a comparison, my Excel program runs 3 times faster on the 2Gig machine.
I'd sure appreciate one of you smart users to take a stab at this.  So far, Tech Support has not been able to come up with anything.
Thanks much,John
Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor