Re: [Metastockusers] Sell 3 days after cross

Nicholas,

I think that the use of inactivity stop is an easy way to close your
position after 3 days.

If you use Barssince to exit from an entry condition like, for example,
the CLOSE is greater than the simple 200 days moving average, and you
have :

Barssince(C>mov(C,200,s) = 3

...to exit after 3 days.

If after 1 or 2 days, the Close is under the SMA, the count with
Barssince return to zero and it's only after the CLOSE will be greater
than the SMA that the function Barssince will start to count again, so
the position can be closed after 5, 20 or maybe 179 days later...

Pierre

Nicholas Kormanik a écrit :

> Thanks a lot, Pierre.
>
> I'll work with your suggestions.
>
> The approach that I've been trying over the past few days is to use
> the
> 'barssince' command:  First I provide a condition to *buy* the stock,
> and
> then in the sell box I state that 'barssince' that buy condition was
> met
> was, say, 3 days.
>
> Would both approaches amount to the same thing, or would one of the
> approaches be better?
>
> Nicholas

                            [Image]