[EquisMetaStock Group] incorrect RSI values between indicator plot and explorer results

Has anyone come across this before? In creating a simple formula to
report on  crosses above 30 of a 14 period RSI, I find the values
reported in the explorer report columns to be anywhere between 5% and
20-30% lower than those of the same indicator visually placed on the
chart.

In one case, the explorer report says '25' and '49' for two most recent
periods yet the same indicator applied to the chart has '41' and '57'.

To check that the indicator formula and the explorer formula were
indeed mathematically the same, i have reprogrammed both using
Ron's "Relative Strength Index - Custom V" formula from KALOSZ.

I still report differences between the chart indicator and the explorer
results to the same degrees above.

Is this a computational limit of Metastock or something much more
obvious?

thanks, Mike