[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MetaStock 8.0: Simulation Function for Trade Entry Price?

I have also been struggling with this problem for some time,
and so far have not been able to come up with a method of referencing
the entry price.  The lack of documentation on the simulation functions
is frustrating as I have no idea how these variables are constructed or
which units they are measured in (points, dollars, ratios etc).  Any other method
I can come up with has been scuppered so far because to reference an historical
price in a formula a dynamic variable seems to be required (eg ref(h,x)) which
metastock does not support (only static variables are supported eg ref(h,-10)).
Either the system tester needs to be enhanced again to support these dynamic
references, or more info needs to be published for the simulation variables
(as I'm sure you must be able to do it with these as MS 8.0 needs this info for
its stop calculations etc) - unless I'm missing a way of referencing it using the
formula language.
Anyone got any ideas?