[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Looking for recommended books on intro to commodities trading.

-Hi Cobalt,
To me, it depends on what your personality and mindset allow.  If you
are (or want to be) a purely mechanical trader using systems, one
good book is "Schwager on Futures". It has been described as a "bible
on futures" and is very complete but not an easy read.

A good book for equities or futures is "Trader Vic, Methods of a Wall
Street Master". Vic made a lot of his money trading the S&P 500
Futures.

The best value I ever got was "Trading Tactics of the Pros",a freebie
from the former First American Discount Brokerage founder, Bill
Mallers, Sr.

I would suggest that you paper trade until you find the method that
suits you. Don't get too rigid and learn to trust your inner voice or
instincts...but only after some months of exposure.

Start with a full service broker (about $40 - $50 round turn) and
wear them out with questions...you're paying for it! Then switch to a
firm like 5perside.com.

Hope this helps a little.

Bob

-- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cobalt_cannon <no_reply@xxxx>