[Metastockusers] Metastock and other software

I have been using Metastock since 6.5 and I like other "Lambs" go
off to slaughter when ever Equis offers another upgrade... Will I
ever learn? Can't wait for ver9.0! Add-ons pile them up! I have more
than my share of software. I have seen vendors come and go, Black
boxes, neural nets, Fib, Gann, Elliot you name it I have it!

There are strong points  to all types of charting software as well
as weakness in several of their features.It's about misconceptions
and reallity! Misuse and bad Ideas.

I know that several ideas can be programed into metastock and
tradestation,amibroker,E-signal.Easy Language,Metastock formula, VB,
C++,Amibroker language, just try and code! Just like cars, some
handle better than others. Some are Caddilacs, some are escorts, The
question should be, Does it get you to where you want to go?

I still use Metastock as my primary charting package,because of the
ease of use, I have discontinued the use of the system tester to
find profitable "Holy Grails" and have consentrated on my trading
skills.Thankyou Robert C. Miner, Joe Dinapoli, Tushar Chande.

Let the market tell you when to take your profits and don't force a
system into telling you what you want to hear!

I Use the expert feature of Metastock to show the true system test
plotted in real trading bars and not like a "system on a moving
average" with Moving average falloff.
I get my signals and alerts. The system tester has to many variables
that affect's the outcome.

Many new software vendors claim outstanding results, but each vendor
has a different way as to how they calculate gains.

Martingdales, multiple buys, partial sells,pyramids, money
management,options,straddles,hedges,Easy Money!!!!!
Just click on your CDrom DVD Burner and wait for the 100 dollar
bills to stream out when the tray opens.

I consider myself as an advanced user who will continue to learn new
ways to find profits.

Metastock has now gone into a Demo mode with the newest add-on which
is available for an extra purchase.

Do I like their new marketing ploy? No! But at least I get to play
with it before I Buy it.

The "Market" has changed and it forces you as a trader to adapt your
style into new and better ideas.

I hope that the members become more enlightened with this post, and
learn the strengths and weakness of their software.

Henry Z Kaczmarczyk