[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: gap opening on intraday data ST

Alex,

I did this in Expert Highlight and it seems to work.

GapUp() AND L>=Ref(H,-1)*1.025

Gapup() returns only True or False condition, so I think you have to
test if the gap is wide as you want...

HTH

Mimmo

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "Alex graciano" <agraciano@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a system to buy or sell the opening gap when
the gap is>than say 2.5%.   I tried the gapup and gapdown functions
with a basic statement like gapup>=0.025 ( I believe  % should be in
decimal form?) and get no trades at  all.

> I tested on 1 minute data on securities where there were several
gaps greater than 2.5%.  Maybe I'm setting the % in the wrong way,
anyway I tried different ways and nothing worked.