[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Data downloaders

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "avgojoe" <palfree@xxxx> wrote:

> Very well stated. Futures data has always been a huge problem
unless
> one wants to pay through the nose.  I won't give them the
> satisfaction. I keep thousands of stock charts which I get through
> Yahoo/ML Downloader for free. I follow and trade 27 futures. I
> manually download them since there are so few.

What are you realy talking about...

"pay through the nose"

some prices for CSI/UA considered the best data provider in the world.

download 59 futures for $26,10 a month.

That's $1,30 a day. For that they even correct errors wich every data
provider unfortunatly will have but CSI/UA seems to have the least
errors. For that you get a convinient downloading program, no manual
editing or whatever.

If that's more than your nose can bare, i would realy consider a
different job.

Traders should focus as much as possible on trading and spend as
little time as possible on data and data integrity. Some programs
(like dCenter or MLdownloader) can do a good job. But CSI/UA will
alway's do a better job. (like taking care of splits etc) For some
Yahoo data is good enough (for me for stocks it is since i don't
trade stocks very often) but for others, that trade stocks a lot, it
for sure is not.

For those intrested, Stocks, CSI/UA $17,10

greetings and take care of your nose