Re: [Metastockusers] Download programs

From: "DAVID H. LINTON" <dhlinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> You are saying I can do this with the $US one time 49.95 ML Downloader?

There are many tools to do this. Another is dCenter (also mentioned
a few posts back) wich can be downloaded (trial version) at
www.traders-soft.com I like it very much especialy because
it integrates into Metastock (no need to start other programs
etc)

> Did I see a post here that said it did not work for Cdn data?

Cdn being canada ? Those tools will most of the time work for
any country that Yahoo.com has data for.

> Is there any concern about screwing up your data base trialing this?

Not with dcenter since it uses the metastock components to
write the data. Also don't realy think the other programs
will realy mess it up since the data format for equis is an
open format and many people use the tools.

> Sounds too good to be true?

Not realy. You pay Reuters $35 but you get more than just data.
With the tools you need to keep track of new symbols yourself
etc. Also if Reuters does not deliver or does someting wrong, you
have a place were you can complain. With the tools and Yahoo
you have not. But, they indeed are $35 cheeper per month.

You deside if you will care about less service. Because that is what
you pay for since Yahoo has the best data availeble (CSI is Yahoo's
data provider) according to a lot of professional traders.

greetings.

Henry