RE: [Metastockusers] simulating Security() function with MS EOD??? Roy?

spend
$90 (less than the upgrade price for MS) for amibroker which makes this and
other complicated MS challenges  a snap. You also then enjoy
unparalled customer service..........
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: RR
[mailto:stocks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 5:41
PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
[Metastockusers] simulating Security() function with MS EOD???
Roy?
Your
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
1)
Upgrade to MetaStock Pro
2) Use
the composite feature and build your data in this manner when
possible.
3) Use
the P variable
4) Use
another package like Technifilter Plus which supports this type of
functionality.
5) Use
some other outside tools which builds a synthetic security in ASCII format

<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>    that represents what you want to do and then use the
downloader to create the
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>    "security".
6) Buy
the developer's kit and build your own version of the Security
function
7)
others?
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tom Sprunger
  [mailto:tlsprunger@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 3:50
  PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [Metastockusers] simulating Security() function with MS EOD???
  Roy?Thanks, this is good to build indexes, but I'm
  interested to see if Roy hasfound a way to simulate the Security()
  function.  For this I'd like toreference an indicator in different
  security in a system test.  For example,I'm testing security A and
  would like to buy if the RSI crosses above S onsecurity B.
  Supposedly the security function in the Pro version will dothis.  I
  know you can drag and use the P variable, but sometimes the Pvariable
  doesn't work properly.Tom----- Original Message -----From:
  "DAVID H. LINTON" <dhlinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002
  3:21 PMSubject: Re: [Metastockusers] simulating Security() function with
  MS EOD???Roy?> Tom> As Roy said in his post, go to
  page 64 of the Formula Primer posted in the> files section of this
  forum to find "Roll Your own Indexes".> It is an acceptable method if
  you need only a few custom indices with onlya> few stocks in each.
  It is labour intensive to create a lot of indices each> with a lot of
  stocks this way.> However, it appears to be the only answer with MS
  EOD.> If you find a better answer, please post.> Also, others
  may have created this indices you are looking for and the> results may
  be exportable, swappable.> David> ----- Original Message
  -----> From: "Tom Sprunger" <tlsprunger@xxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: November 30, 2002 12:32
  PM> Subject: [Metastockusers] simulating Security() function with MS
  EOD???Roy?>>> > Roy, where do I find how to
  simulate the Security function with MS EOD> that> > you
  describe below?> > Thanks> >> > Tom> >
  ----- Original Message -----> > From: "Roy Larsen"
  <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > To:
  <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Sunday, November 24,
  2002 2:38 PM> > Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Correlation
  Exploration?> >> >> > > David> >
  of the> > FormulaBook.pdf> > > tells you how to create
  an index using the "Create Composite" function> in> > >
  the DownLoader. See the files section of this forum for the
  file.There> is> > > also a way of simulating the
  Security() function with MS EOD which Ican> > > explain on
  the TE forum.> > >> > > Roy> >
  send an email to:> > Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  subject to<A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>