[Metastockusers] Re: Intraday data - eSignal vs Qcharts

Gary, Iwas having the same problems with Metastock 8.0, The tech's
at metastock found it was a conflict with my video drivers. I ended
up having to upgrade my OS to winXP and now it works fine, but now I
have to rewite several experts and redo my templates

Henry
--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Gary" <gary.keeney@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm a new MetaStock Professional 8.0 user, having major problems
with
> the eSignal data feed (ver 7.1).  The eSignal WINROS.exe
application
> always crashed on my Windows 98 installation (page faults), and
still
> does the same after upgrading to Windows 2000.  Both Windows
> installations were completely up-to-date re: service packs and hot
> fixes.  Winros.exe crashes whether feeding eSignal or MetaStock,
so
> it seems it's an eSignal problem.  The error message in Win98
> indicated the winros.exe was conflicting with mfc42.dll, and
eSignal
> tech support (as well as Equis tech support) have pointed toward
> multiple copies of various dll's with different release dates.
> However, I've tried every possible permutation of the dll's with
no
> effect.  So far eSignal has not been able to give any further help
> (except for the "not our problem, talk to Microsoft" suggestion -
you
> can imagine how helpful that would be).
>
> Questions:
>
> 1)  Has anyone else been having problems with the eSignal 7.1 data
> feed to MetaStock 8.0, generating fatal errors and crashing the
data
> feed?  Anyone know of any other ideas on fixing it -
configuration,