[Metastockusers] Intraday data - eSignal vs Qcharts

I'm a new MetaStock Professional 8.0 user, having major problems with
the eSignal data feed (ver 7.1).  The eSignal WINROS.exe application
always crashed on my Windows 98 installation (page faults), and still
does the same after upgrading to Windows 2000.  Both Windows
installations were completely up-to-date re: service packs and hot
fixes.  Winros.exe crashes whether feeding eSignal or MetaStock, so
it seems it's an eSignal problem.  The error message in Win98
indicated the winros.exe was conflicting with mfc42.dll, and eSignal
tech support (as well as Equis tech support) have pointed toward
multiple copies of various dll's with different release dates.
However, I've tried every possible permutation of the dll's with no
effect.  So far eSignal has not been able to give any further help
(except for the "not our problem, talk to Microsoft" suggestion - you
can imagine how helpful that would be).

Questions:

1)  Has anyone else been having problems with the eSignal 7.1 data
feed to MetaStock 8.0, generating fatal errors and crashing the data
feed?  Anyone know of any other ideas on fixing it - configuration,
dll's, registry, etc, etc?

2)  Any opinions on QCharts vs eSignal as an intraday data feed for
Metastock 8.0.

Thanks.

Gary