[Metastockusers] Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD

Hi Nick

It is always good to hear from someone who is interested in P &
F....as many of my friends ONLY use this most of the time and with
uncanny accuracy...

I checked couple of securities using 1 box reversal count...now this
is where the difference between boys and men will be obvious...the
difference was obvious with metastock and TA...

In P & F charts the trendlines are drawn at 45 degrees and it is
very specific the way it is drawn...that is missing in metastock...

vertical and horizontal counts are available in TA but not in
metastock....these counts are the most basic requirement of P & F as
that is all what the charting is about i.e the projectile
value...otherwise what do you do with P & F charts...???

For serious user of P & F metastock is not the right tool...however
one thing i have been lookng at is to see if there is a way to
programme pattern recognition in metastock P & F charts....like
double top reversal, double top continuation...etc etc as listed in
Kermit Zeig's and Carroll D Aby Jr's books...Have not been too
sucessful so far...

TA's P & F will be the most accurate charts that will be avilable on
any programme as Jeremy is an authority on the subject and a
perfectionist...So TA is a must for P & F...metastock for possible
pattern recognition programming if possible.

However once masterered you can scan through 100 charts in few mins
as only think you are looking for is the patterns....times occuring
and times profitable...i.e pattern B7 in Kermit Zeig's book occurs
3.9% of times and is 92% of times profitable...!!!

Hope this answers the quesries...although i consider myself
as 'moron' when it comes to P & F as it is a vast subject...

regards

anil
--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Nick Channon" <channon1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Anil,
>
> I was interested in your comments (below) about P&F charting and
the
> Indexia/Technical Analyst software - so I'm running the free trial
on it.
> However, so far I cannot see much difference in the charts in
comparison to
> Metastock, except for as you say the vertical/horizontal counts.
It does not
> seem to include pattern recognition on P&F charts.
>
> Could you kindly tell me some of the differences? I am genuinely
interested,
> since I want to learn more about P&F charting in general.
>
> Many thanks,
> Nick

Analyst....both
> > written by a CMT in London called jeremy Du Plessis....he is an
> > authority on point & figure charting techniques...and i found
that
> > there was an error in patterns...indexia and technical analyst
are
> > probably only the accurate charting for p &f that is
avilable...box