drive partitioning and layouts

Hi,

I have friends who also own Metastock who I swap trading ideas with,
formulas for indicators etc. I also want to swap layouts, but my PC is
configured in several partitions, with a C: drive and D: drive (metastock
data is on the D: Drive). Some of my friends have their PC's configured only
with one partition, a C: drive.

I hae found that when I send them layouts, metastock brings up errors and
refuses to display the charts as the layout information does not appear to
respect drive information, ie if a layout was created on a D: drive, then
when it is sent to my friend's pc it will expect the find the charts on the
D: drive there.

Does anyone know of a way of having the layout not look on a specific drive
location?
Or does anyone know of a way of modifying a layout imported so that it can
look to a different drive to that which it was created on?

Thanks in advance,

Rowena