Re: [RT] The day after

Ralph:
<BLOCKQUOTE
  You really don't understand technology and its
  effects on us and on society The technological system has built in problems,
  like the Los Angeles, NY police departments, Microsoft software, and Compaq
  computers. You can compare a bureaucracy (government or private sector) to a
  mindless computer. It isn't a few bad apples or narrow minded technologists
  that cause the problems, it is the technological system itself.  Now I am
  not anti technology nor am I interested in the simple life in a cave. But
  really Ralph, technology will not give us nirvana on earth. We need to
  understand the impact of technology on us and on society before we blindly
  accept it.

  Some years back I came across a book on this
  subject, I forget the title.  The author's thrust was that new technology
  often brings as many problems as it tries to solve. The book was published
  about the time that the facts about DDT broke into the public awareness
  causing it to be banned worldwide. You might read the congressional and senate
  hearings on DDT.
  Lionel Issen<A
  href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE