Re: Math programs

Theo:

I have been doing some looking around for this kind of program.

Both matlab and mathematica are difficult to learn, expensive, and require
additional modules to be used effectively.  The modules are also expensive.
Maple is a program that apparently has a lot of power and is less expensive
than matlab and mathematica. I have not been able to get much information on
Maple in terms of ease of use and ease of learning..

There is a newsgroup for Maple. I took a look and it seems that people have
similar problems with the Maple language as users have with other languages.

My Excel teacher urged me to use Excel and VBA and VB first, as it may meet
most of my needs.

If you find out anything about Maple, please post it or e-mail me direct.

By the way if by "3D or 4 D  Metastock"  you mean charts, Excel has an easy
to use and powerful charting capability.

There are good books available on Excel. I recently came across "Microsoft
Excel 2000 Bible" by John Walkenbach, it is readable and complete.
Walkenbach has written several books on Excel, so go to a bookstore or
library and look at the different titles.
Lionel Issen
lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx