  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:43
  AM
  Subject: Re: Weekly/Monthly data

  John:
  No you can't. Try it and see.
  I had called tech support on this and they agreed
  that it can't be done in Metastock. You can do it using excel.
  <FONT face=Arial
size=2>
  From on line help

  The Periodicity page is located in the
  X-Axis Properties dialog.  Choose X-Axis from the Format menu, or
  right-click on a chart's x-axis and choose X-Axis Properties from the shortcut
  menu.Use the periodicity page to specify the periodicity of the
  data.  For example, if your chart contains daily data, you could change
  the data into weekly bars.   If your chart contains local data, you
  may only change the periodicity upwards (e.g. daily to weekly).When the
  periodicity is changed, the same number of periods is retained.

  Volume and open interest are summed
  over the new period.  For example, monthly periodicity displays the sum
  of the entire month's volume.The Other periodicity option allows you to
  control the number of periods over which to compress the data.  This
  allows you to view the data using non-standard periods.  For example, a
  periodicity of eight periods with daily data loaded would display a price bar
  every eight trading days.You can also change the periodicity by
  right-clicking on the x-axis and choosing Periodicity from the shortcut
  menu.

  You can also click the
  Periodicity button on the chart toolbar to change the periodicity.You can
  also change the periodicity with your Microsoft IntelliMouse pointing
  device.  Hold the SHIFT key down and rotate the wheel forward to lengthen
  the periodicity or back to shorten the periodicity.  See Using the
  Microsoft IntelliMouse Pointing Device for more information on the Microsoft
  IntelliMouse pointing device.
  Lionel Issen<A
  href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx