Re: computer graphic card memory

> I also love my Matrox dual monitor card; and it is only the 16 meg
> variety.  I understand that there are better cards (both dual, and
> single, but the Matrox is great for the price.  ;^)

You are right, of course.  Price really is the deciding factor.  What
I should have said was that to the best of my knowledge there is
nothing that can touch the Matrox unless you are willing to spend
big bucks--starting at the cost of my entire computer and going way
up from there!--on a video card designed for CAD or high-end
professional graphics.  Maybe when I'm sure my trading is bullet-
proof and have the cash to prove it.  But, short of that, I really don't
know anything that compares with the it.

On the hardware review sites I look at, no one has offered a
reasonable alternative to the Matrox, for our purposes.  The usual
suggestion is the ATI Radeon, for folks who care about 2D graphics
but want better speed for video games.  However, it's always
conceded that they will get noticeably less 2D performance.  "Good
enough" is the usual description, and for me, it might not be.  I haven't
bothered to look at it, because I have not played a video game since
the Atari 400--and someone gave that to me.  Like probably everyone
else here, however, I do spend a lot of time looking at 2D graphics.

Owen